Monday, April 18, 2011

Devin Townsend- "Terria" (2001)


Let me begin by saying that this album is tied for my favorite of all time. Every second of this record holds layer upon layer of aural beauty for the listener to discover, each detail meticulously and deliberately put into place by Mr. Townsend with his famous obsessive-compulsive track mastering. The countless hours he spent putting this album together really show, and truly pay off. When I hear this record, I hear nothing short of the soundtrack to both humankind, and the very planet we inhabit. "Mountain" is as mammoth as its namesake, "Nobody's Here" is longing and lonesome, and "Earth Day" shows off Devin's classic humor, alongside fantastic music and an amusing message about recycling. And, not to get too specific, but "The Fluke" to me is the perfect sonic companion to the album art. I'm starting to rant now, but that happens when I start to talk about this masterwork of the medium.

Last word: This album is as unassumingly tranquil as it is unequivocally massive.

Get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2o4jwgdycyj

No comments:

Post a Comment